I consider us lucky to have made it thus far with no illness or trauma. But teething has brought that to an end. Isla had her first fever 2 nights ago. Her temp got up to 102 and so I gave her a little tylenol and it was back to normal in under an hour. She's been a fussy mess every since though. She wants to nurse constantly, but won't take more than 2 oz from a bottle, and most of that she spits out.
Today I bought a little meshie feeder thing, meant for soft solid foods, and put an ice cube in it for her to suck on. She LOVED it. Every time I took it away she opened her mouth like a little birdie, begging to have it back. It was so cute. I certainly hope she gets her appetite back soon. I feel so bad for her. I hate to see her hurting.
She's also getting to be pretty clingy. My mom picked her up today and she screamed until mom gave her to me. But I can understand, when I don't feel good I want my mommy too. It feels nice to be loved so much.
And her newest trick is grasping and reashing for things! Last night she was laying next to my diaper bag and I noticed her reaching for the buckle. I decided to test her skill. So I got out her rattle and held it up and to her left side. Wouldn't you know she reached for it with both hands! Definitely a deliberate reach. She's not yet mastered the art of getting the larger heavier objects into her mouth, but fabric is fair game. Her clothes are always bunched up in her mouth now. And even some fabric I had cut and set in her car seat on the way to the check out counter had been thoughly noshed on in minutes.
I've also noticed her rolling her booty to the side when I change her diaper. She'll be rolling over on me before I know it.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment