Sunday night I was having Braxton Hicks that kept getting more and more frequent. When I got to 5 in an hour I called the on call Dr. and he said it sounded like a bladder infection and he'd call me in an antibiotic. I was a little upset that they didn't want me to come in as I had 2 more while on the phone with him. But I just relaxed for a while and they went away. Since I had an OB appointment on Monday anyway I just took the antibiotic went to bed. The thing about antibiotics is that all the ones I am not allergic to tear up my stomach. So I selpt about 4 hours and then was up sick the rest of the night. Blah.
So I went in for my appointment Monday. No infection. Monkey is just lying WAY low. The nurse (Sandra) was looking for the heartbeat way up by my belly button. Well I have a doppler at home and told her she was too high. That the heartbeat was always down by my right hip. She said that was impossible (ASIDE: OK, seriously. What is it with medical professionals not believing that I tell them!?!?!?). Finally she put the doppler where I told her too and guess what she found right away? ::rolling my eyes::
She was SO surprised. She said it was no wonder I was having the Braxton Hicks so early. She also said this is why I feel like I've pulled a muscle in my groin. But hey, at least I'm not getting kicked in the ribs.
Monkey's heartbeat was 144 and I have gained another 4 lbs putting my total net gain at only 12 lbs! That is AWESOME! I thought for sure it was going to be much more.
So the Dr. came in and I asked him why the on call Dr. wouldn't want me to come in with all those contractions. Dr. Lile said that really it usually necessary unless there is pain or bleeding or fluid leakage, but if it happens again I am welcome to go on in and get monitored if I'm scared. He said I need to drink more water, cut out all caffiene, and try to stay off my feet and out of stressful situations as much as possible. We were talking about the contractions and I forgot to ask what my belly was measuring, but he didn't make any comments so it must have been within normal range.
So I go back in three weeks for my glucose tolerence test. They gave me a bottle what looks like flat Sunkist to drink on my way to my appointment. And when they test my blood sugar I need to score below 139.
And THEN I start going every 2 weeks! It's really starting to get close to Monkey's birthday! I wonder when it will be. I hope "she" gets to choose it on her own and not be evicted.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment