CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

My SUPER FUN night in the ER

Saturday afternoon we were at a family pool party and I started feeling wierd. My limbs felt weightless and my eyes kept rolling back into my head while I was awake! Then I started spotting. I was heartbroken and scared!
Mom and Dad rushed me to the ER and on the way my jaw muscles started to spasm. I thought I was having a stroke or a siezure!
When we got to the ER thry took me back right away. Once in the room my symptoms got more and more violent. The nurse said I was having an allergic reaction. They pumped me full of Benedryl and WHAM! Instant relief! I couldn't believe it.
Then the spotting stopped. They took me to ultrasound and the tech was able to find a nice strong heartbeat. 150 bpm! That is well above average for 7 weeks. I am measuring a little behind at 6w5d, but I am so reassured. As soon as the tech said "I have a heartbeat" I burst into tears of relief! I am SO VERY thankful for this blessing. Thank you Lord for keeping you hand on us and bringing us both thru that horrible day!

I am still having problems with the allergic reaction. I am taking Benedryl every 4 hours, but it seems to be loosing it's effect a little. I don't know what caused it. I hope it isn't the Prometrium, because I can't stop takng it. The nurse is pretty sure that's not it. It may have been the Compazine or something in the guacamole I ate at the pool party. In any case I am so thankful to be ok.

1 comment:

Maria (MKC101103) said...

OMG I'm so glad your little one is ok. And I hope you're feeling back to your normal self soon. That is so scary, but good thing your Mom and Dad were with you.