I didn't really expect a positive test as had been pretty sure my period was on its way, but I had experienced some wicked heartburn (which is unusual for me) and I had an extra pee stick so I thought--what the heck? When I didn't see a second line right away like I did the last time I figured my original assumption was correct and went back to bed for 5 minutes.
To my GREAT surprise, when I looked again 5 minutes later---SURPRISE! TWO LINES! Talk about shock.
After having a miscarriage in March I have been pretty nervous about this pregnancy. The first thing I did was email my priest and ask for his prayers. Justin and I have agreed not to tell anyone until we can't possibly hide it any longer. Until them I will be holding my breath.
I have my first appointment at 8:20 am on 8.25.08. I am so afraid that I will get bad news. But I am just trying to pray my way thru it and recognize that I can't do anything to prevent it. All I can do is take care of my body and trust God. But I don't think I can let myself get excited until I see what that first ultrasound looks like and see that it is not so far behind like the last baby was.
So far I haven't had many symptoms. I had one craving for TGIFriday's potstickers, a few days of heartburn, and one or two instances of queasiness. My lack of symptoms worries me even more. I am just praying for something to make me FEEL pregnant.
Please God, let this surprise be my sticky baby!
XOXO
Natalie
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment