CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Is it twins?

Oh the question nearly every pregnant woman seem to get at some point, even though it is TOTALLY inappropriate for anyone to ask.
I got it on Sunday. A teeny-bopper bounced over to me in church on Sunday during the "shake hands with the people around you" portion of the service. She looked to be about 16. She shook my and said eagerly "Are you having twins?", as if she had bopped over specifically to ask me that question.
I was stunned for a second (because it took until 6 months for strangers to even notice that I was pregnant at all, so I was thinking my belly was on the small side) and then I burst into laughter as I said "Nope. Just one". She looked mortified and said "I'm SO SORRY" as she backed away and returned to her pew. I'm not really offended by it, as I'm a "take it in stride" kind of gal for the most part. But I do hope she's learned that she shouldn't be asking that question, or any other question that might insinuate that a pregnant woman is "fat".

I am happy to report that we've painted the nursery and I LOVE the color. The white paint I got turned out gray. I wanted to scream. Jamie and I ran around looking for more options and we stumbled across Valspar's Brushed Pearl faux finish. We opened it and put it on a white paint chip. It was pretty! So with assurances from the Lowes paint guy that we could return it if we didn't like it we skipped on home to try it out. Mom and dad cam by to drop off my changing table and really liked the swatch we'd painted on the wall. We threw caution to the wind and slapped on the first coat. Since it's meant to be used OVER a paint and not AS a paint it didn't cover too well. So we've got a lot of touching up to do. But I'm hoping we can make it look sort of like venetian plaster. I did one wall last night and it turned out pretty good, it looks sort of antique. Oh, and the color came out a light silvery taupe. It really looks like mother of pearl. My baby girl is going to have one swankified nursery.
I also got the clocks, a picture frame, curtain rods, sheers, and one unfinished curtain hung. So far I am really loving it. I'm holding out on posting pictures until it's all finished.

Contractions: I'm still having a few here and there. Nothing regular like before. But I am pretty crampy. And having baby legs wedged up under my ribs is getting to be super uncomfortable. Hiccups, while totally adorable, are also annoying with a head rythmically bouncing on my bladder/cervix. I am definitely ready to have this baby.

1 comment:

K-tell said...

DH and I get so annoyed when people mill around the sanctuary during the passing of the peace. We refuse to leave our pew! When people are still chitter chattering 5 minutes after the onslaught, that's just ri-darn-diculous!

Then again, we also prefer to flash the peace sign rather than acutally *gasp* touch people!

We are so not very nice church goers, are we?