CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

12 Weeks!

It's a little surreal to know there is still a baby inside me. At my appointment on Thursday baby was literally running in place on the ultrasound. It was hilarious. I rented a fetal doppler so I can check on the heartbeat daily (yes, I am that paranoid) and I am constantly having to chase it down. As soon as I find the h/b the baby moves away. And I THINK I am also hearing movement on the doppler too. The h/b sounds like a fast washing machine, and then every so often there is a thump or a swish that causes static on the speaker. I am pretty sure that must be arms and legs flailing about. Mom commented that I'd better be prepared for a mini-Nathan. God help us!
This week my back is absolutely killing me. It feels like PMS. My stomach kind of hurts too, like its starting to stretch. I am still pretty darn sick from this Prometrium and when I asked when I might be able to stop taking it my Dr. said flatly "20 weeks". My mouth just dropped in shock. That was the last response I was expecting and I almost broke down in tears. I FINALLY convinced her to write me a script for the weekly injections. I don't think she believes that I am just not tolerating these pills. She seems convinced that it is just morning sickness. But every time I switch back to using them as a suppository I feel 200 times better. However using them that way creates a whole host of other extremely uncomfortable problems of a much more personal nature. I am feeling pretty incensed that she doesn't seem to take what I say seriously. I may not be a doctor, but I'm pretty damn intelligent and I think I can deduce what exactly it is that is wreaking havoc on my body. Lately I've been feeling fairly condescended to. I also don't feel like she explains things very well. When I bring up a concern she's just like "that's normal". But WHY is it normal? What should I look for as a sign that something is wrong? She's also pretty relaxed about telling me to take medication. Like with this Prometrium. Instead of trying to put me on an injection to fix my upset stomach she wants me to keep taking it orally and ADD Prevacid and Phenergen. Wouldn't you think the most conservative and SMART thing to so would be switch me to something that, maybe be more expensive, but would avoid excess medication? Or at LEAST give ME the option of making that decision. Instead I had to BEG for weeks to get the injections. I am pretty sure at this point that I want to change doctors. Monday I am going to call my GP and see who he likes. I used to be hung up on having a female OB, but I think I might be over that since there don't seem to be any great ones in town.

So everyone wish me luck and send me prayers that a) either insurance will cover the injections or we can afford them w/o insurance and b) I can find another Dr. that I like relatively quickly.

I have u/s and belly pictures for this week, but I'm lazy and will get around to posting them later.

Today's note is for my uterus:
Dear Uterus,
I know you are "special" but PLEASE be good and make room for your temporary tenant. I would really appreciate it if you would not try an evict "her" before April. Ok? It's really a small thing to ask considering this is your purpose in life. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Love,
The rest of your body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We need a new belly pic! I am one or two days behind you, and i love having the comparison! Sorry you are having all these problems with your progesterone. Would she consider the compounded in oil suppository? (Believe it or not, not actually as bad as the pill when used as a suppository)