I ONLY GAINED 2 LBS!!!!!
I weight in at work yesterday and it said I was up 4.5 lbs so I was bracing myself this morning for another lecture from Dr. Fat Nazi. Turns out the scale at work is WRONG and I've only gained 2. That's 1 lb per week. Right smack on target! YAY!
And how did I acheieve that? Did cut out sweets? No. Did I eat less? PSHH. As if. The only thing I did differently is switch to Diet Coke with Splenda (and the occasional regular Diet Coke if I was out and about and couldn't put my hands on the one with Splenda). Cheers!
The Dr. also said that I will get another ultrasound to check on the monkey's growth...but he didn't tell me when. I asked him his view on episiotomies and they are the same as mine. I also asked him if my water breaks and I am not ready for an epidural, will I have to have a catheter? He said NO! (Another friend who delievered at the same hospital said they made her. ) He said that I wouldn't be allowed to walk the halls leaking amniotic fluid for safety and hygeine reasons, but that I would be allowed to go to the bathroom. So if any L&D nurses try and keep me down I have amunition!!!!
Other news: My stupid computer decided to crap out on me. I kept getting these server errors and my wireless connection stopped working. I had to run a PC recovery. It told me that I would not lose any of my files. IT LIED! I lost everything. Pictures, music, documents, and ALL of the programs I had installed. I'm so bummed. I have back up files for all my pictures thru April 2007 and from there all the majorly sentimental and important photos are posted on various websites so I was able to recover the important stuff (as far as I can remember). I'm bummed about the various iTunes purchases but I'll get over it. But what I am REALLY upset about is losing Photoshop Elements. I still have my disk, but I can't find the product code to reinstall it.
On the bright side though, my computer works like new again. And I've learned my lesson about backing up. Probably a much needed lesson at the ideal time: before I have all my precious and irreplacable baby pictures to worry about.
Office news: I've moved to a new building. It's nice over here, but our cubes are SO close together and it is horribly loud. deafening even. I'm not going to be able to give up my nice quiet nights with all the noise in here during the day. Way to give everyone high blood pressure.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment